Rangering på Goodreads: 4.45 / 5
A red-haired princess loses her family and her kingdom... Now she must rise and fight for her throne!
Princess Yona lives an ideal life as the only princess of her kingdom. Doted on by her father, the king, and protected by her faithful guard Hak, she cherishes the time spent with the man she loves, Su-won. But everything changes on her 16th birthday when tragedy strikes her family!
Jaeha, the Green Dragon, joins Yona's party after their harrowing adventure together in Awa. Now the group must find the Yellow Dragon-the last dragon from the prophecy that Ik-su told Yona! Meanwhile, Su-won visits Chishin Palace and tells General Geun-tae, chief of the Earth Tribe, that he should hold a mock battle and festival. But what could be the true intent behind Su-won's proposition?
* The fantasy-adventure romance manga that inspired the fan-favorite anime about a princess who's on a quest to reclaim her throne!
* Releases 6 times a year for 22+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Named one of the 2017 Great Graphic Novels for Teens by the Young Adult Library Services Association.
* The romance and adventure will appeal to fans who like series like shojo manga best seller Fushigi Yugi
(romance with fantasy and adventure/quest elements).
* Echoes of Game of Thrones
as Yona learns she must find and master four dragon warriors to reclaim her kingdom.
* "Yona is not only a sweet and relatable heroine, but a truly strong female character... She's a heroine you can both root for and want to be like, and there's little more you could ask for from shojo... [The anime's] reverse harem members have both fangirl appeal and compelling character arcs. Yet, Yona of the Dawn
isn't just a fine example of shojo romance. It's a great adventure anime and will appeal to anyone who loves exploring and swordfights." -Anime News Network