Rangering på Goodreads: 3.65 / 5
Manga legend Rumiko Takahashi's lighthearted tale of a girl who can see ghosts and a boy from the beyond.
After a mysterious encounter in her childhood, Sakura Mamiya gained the power to see ghosts. Now a teenager, she just wishes the ghosts would leave her alone! Then one day she meets Rinne Rokudo, a boy who is far more than what he seems.
Sabato Rokudo-Rinne's deadbeat dad-is the president of the Afterlife's evil Damashigami Company. In a shocking turn of events, it's revealed that he's also got a Shinigami Gold License! How can sneaky Sabato be the recipient of the shinigami world's highest honor? Rinne and Sakura get to work solving another ghostly mystery!
The latest series from one of Japan's greatest manga creators.
* Releases 3 times per year for 32+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Takahashi's series have sold over 3 million copies in the US to date (Bookscan, 2/17).
* This series will appeal to both brand-new readers of Rumiko Takahashi's works and longtime readers.
* "Rin-ne tells the wry and funny adventures of two lonely kids becoming friends against a background of ghost stories that are more melancholy than frightening. Rin-ne is not the most profound of comics nor is it the most visually stunning, but it is a satisfying and heartfelt story, with promise of greater things to come as the tale unfolds." -Publishers Weekly
* "Rin-ne is a fun, charming series...if you've never read a Takahashi comic before, this is a good introduction." -Comic Book Resources