In this post-apocalyptic fantasy, a sea of sand swallows everything but the past.
In an endless sea of sand drifts the Mud Whale, a floating island city of clay and magic. In its chambers a small community clings to survival, cut off from its own history by the shadows of the past.
Chakuro is the archivist for the Mud Whale, diligently chronicling the lives and deaths of his people. As one of the short-lived thymia wielders, he knows his time is limited and is determined to leave a better record than his predecessors. But the steady pace of their isolated existence on the Mud Whale is abruptly shattered when a scouting party discovers a mysterious young girl who seems to know more about their home than they do...
A gripping post-apocalyptic fantasy adventure in the vein of Nausicaa.
* Releases 6 times a year for 9+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Anime to be released Fall 2017.
* For fans of Hayao Miyazaki, Moebius, Garth Nix, Phillip Pullman, Tamora Pierce.
* Ties into the ongoing trend of post-apocalyptic stories with YA protagonists such as Hunger Games, Divergent, The 100, The Knife of Never Letting Go, and The Last of Us.
* The European-comics-influenced art and fantasy setting lend this title crossover potential for mainstream comics readers.